Big upgrade this week: TrustBearer OpenID now supports SAML-based authentication with Google Apps and Salesforce.com. You can use you existing TrustBearer OpenID account, or create a new one. Here’s how it works:
- Sign-In to your TrustBearer OpenID dashboard.
- Click the Enable SAML checkbox and create a new association.
- After creating your association, click Details to download the SAML certificate that will be uploaded to Google Apps or Salesforce.com.
- Login to your Salesforce.com or Google Apps account using an administrative account.
- Enable Single Sign On and upload the certificate that you downloaded from TrustBearer OpenID.
- Save changes and attempt to login to your Google Apps domain.
- Google Apps will recognize that SSO has been enabled and will redirect your login to https://openid.trustbearer.com.
- Connect your device and click Proceed.
- After successfully verifying your PIN, TrustBearer OpenID will pass a signed assertion to Google Apps with the account username that was configured earlier.
- And you’re in!
We’ve also added the ability for administrators to grant access to other TrustBearer OpenID accounts to login to the same company Salesforce.com or Google Apps domain.
Create a free account and give it a try. We’re excited about this new feature and look forward to hearing your feedback.